Monday 15 October 2012

Where do you stand on racism?

Racism is a common seen/heard issue worldwide. No matter which country you are in, you will definitely meet some individuals who have a very strong disgusted feelings towards others of different kind. I come from a multicultural country and growing up meeting many different kind of people, white, yellow, brown, black. For some reason, it is a believe i have that every human being come from one origin. We might never know who is that but of all other life out there, we are the same.

I have this little incident while i was in an Australia Melbourne Airport(While sending my cousin brother off to Malaysia). We were lining up to buy some snacks before he hit the plane and while we were doing so, a group of young local males stand behind us and start talking things like, "Ching-chang-chong-ching". They ran off after a while since we didn't given them any reaction at all(Let's face it, confronting them will only make things worse). I'm an asian(Malaysian Chinese by the way), i really don't mind how others making fun of my kind. When they do so, it just make me feel a little sad. Why would someone even think of doing such thing? I mean, it doesn't give you any benefits(Well, maybe some satisfaction) if you do so. It's not like a word from your mouth could lead me to start cutting myself or anything. Everyone has emotions, we always will have someone in our life whom we don't like but it just doesn't feel right to talk bad about that person.

Have you ever meet someone who talk bad about your kind, what will you do in this kind of situation?

For me, i'll just mumble,"Get a life..".


No comments:

Post a Comment